My First Wardrobe Capsule Challenge

7:30:00 PM

A couple of weeks ago I stopped by Kasmira's blog, What I Wore Today, and found out about this Wardrobe Capsule Challenge that was originally started by Jane from The Small Fabric of My Life. I was intrigued by the idea and decided to also join the Wardrobe Capsule Challenge. So basically the rule is to choose ten items of clothing from your wardrobe (including shoes) and mix and match them for five days between Monday September 28th and Friday October 2nd. You are also allowed five accessories which include jewellery, scarves, bag, belts etc. Underwear and hosiery do not come under the ten items and five accessories.

I know the date seem so long ago but I did finished my challenge that week. I just got carried away by my daily routines and blogging jobs that makes me forgot to post the result of my Wardrobe Capsule Challenge sooner! Oh, silly me! So anyway, I'm gonna post my Wardrobe Capsule Challenge Week right now, it's better late than never post it at all, right?! ;p

So, first of all...here are the 10 wardrobe items and 5 accessories that I choose for this challenge:

10 wardrobe items:

Dark Pink Cardigan, Gold embellished Tank, Black tee, Pink Stripe skirt, Grey patterned skirt;
Black Skinny jeans, Black tube dress, Grey Cardigan, White open toe, Black flats.



5 accessories:
Allure necklace, Black wide belt, Black bracelet, Black quilted bag, White quilted bag


Although for a first-timer I'm quite overwhelmed at first, especially when choosing which 10 wardrobe items and accessories to use that can be rotated to be worn in 5 consecutive days, but I find it quite easy and challenging so I end up having fun with it. So here's what I came up at the end of the week; five days of rotated clothes and accessories:

MONDAY:

Grey cardi, Grey patterned skirt, Black wide belt, Black bracelet, Allure necklace, Black flats & Black bag.

TUESDAY:

Pink Cardi, Pink Stripe skirt, White open toe shoes, White bag, Allure necklace.

WEDNESDAY:

Black tee, Grey patterned skirt, Black skinny jeans, Black wide belt, Allure necklace, White open toe & White bag.

THURSDAY:

Black tube dress, Pink Cardi, Black Wide belt, Black flats, Black bracelet & Black bag.

FRIDAY:

Black tube dress, Gold embellished tank, Black bracelet, White open toe shoes & Black bag.


Hmm, maybe because I'm used to plan my outfits ahead so I don't have any hard time with this challenge. I used black as basic color here, to be easy to combine with everything. And I also added some bright colors to keep it off the boring area. I think I'm gonna be participating again next year, meanwhile you could check all the stylish bloggers who participate in this year's wardrobe capsule challenge. Too bad I'm too late to tell Jane about mine ^o^ Oh well, maybe next year..!
Anyway, here is all the pictures put together, tadaa... My Wardrobe Capsule Challenge:


^_~

You Might Also Like

10 thoughts & comments

  1. what a fun challenge ! and congrats on the result ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woow..great idea..I just know that there's a challenge like this..
    Hmmm..I think I'll try the wardrobe capsule challenge for fun !! :D..hehehe

    Anw,,I like your choice!! All of them turn into a great outfit :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! That was awesome!! And you look so different in all the pics, that you might just never know that you were using the same pieces. I want to try and do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! My favorite is the Wednesday outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Slanelle:
    Thanks, slanelle! But if you were the one who did the challenge i'm sure you could think of many more ways to wear one item as you always did with all your clothes in your blog ^o^


    @Fika:
    Go with the challenge, girl! If you did, you can tell me and we can link our challenge results each other ^__^


    @Ambar:
    Thanks Ambar! Really? you can't tell the difference? wow, not bad for me ^o^
    Anyway, if you decide to also do the challenge pls give me the link so we can link to one another's results ^^


    @Cindy:
    Thank you Cindy! My fave is the Wednesday and Thursday ^o^ Is it okay if I have my own fave? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a great challenge I will have to try!
    XOXOX
    Libby
    http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great idea. I like how it makes you more creative with the clothes you already have rather than looking out for newer things.

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh - I really like the skirt as a tunic over the jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should do this so I am not standing in the closet every morning trying to pick something out.

    You did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou girlfriends.. I bet you all could don a stylish weekly outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all your comments, thanks for commenting here and sharing some love !
I will return the favors by checking out and comment back on your blog ^o^

A Member Of :

And A Proud Member of :

Also Part Of :

Popular Posts

Labels

1 item 4 ways 7 Days of Sheet Masks Accessories Ahaishopping Althea Ampoules Antipodes Armando Caruso ASOS Avoskin B.Liv Bag of News Bags bath Bath & Body Works Bath and Body BB Cream Beauty Box Beauty Clinic Beauty Korea Beauty Sets / Kits Beauty Stuffs beauty tools Beauty Treats Box Benefit Cosmetics Bio Essence Bioderma Brands and Designers Burts Bees Carings CC Cream Celebs Style Charis Chicnova Chiyou Cicaronic Circle Lens Clarins Cleansing Oils Cleansing Pads Clinelle Closet Edit Clothing Clozette Corine de Farme Cosmetics Cow Brand D.I.Y D'Eyeko DD Cream Deciem Do Good While You Shop Dorothy Perkins Dove Dream List Dry Oil Empties Erha Esqa Cosmetics Estee Lauder Etsy Etude House Events Eye Treatments Eyebrows Eyeliners eyeshadows Face Mask Face Mist Face Of The Day Face Oil Face Scrub Face Serum Face Toner Face Wash Face-Off Review Fake Eyelashes Fashion Fashion How-To Fashion Looks Fashion/Shopping-related First Blush Box Fragrance Fragrance Diary Freeman French Brand From My Stash Furatasse Get Fit Giveaways Givenchy Glowsophy Gucci Guess H&M Hair care hair extension Hand Care Hand Creams Hauls and Freebies Highlighter/Bronzer Himalaya Herbals History on Beauty/Fashion Hot Deals and Offers IBB Ideas n Inspirations innisfree Instagram Instagrammable Places IPL Treatment Jakarta Fashion Week 10/11 Jakarta Fashion Week 11/12 Japanese brands Jewelry Jimmy Choo Jo Malone Juara k Kanebo KBJ Stars Konjac Sponge KoreaBuys Korean Brand Korres Laneige Lip Products lip scrub Lippies Lippies Of The Month Local Skincare Loccitane Lola Box Look Book Lush Made in Indonesia Make Up Brushes Make Up Forever Makeup Remover Mascara Maybelline Mini Showcase Miniso Missha Mizzu Cosmetics Moisturizer Monthly Favorites MUA My Beauty Regimes My Styles N'Pure nail polish Natural and Earth Friendly Night Cream Nihonmart Nip+Fab Nuxe NYX Oasap Oscar Blandi OST C20 Outfit Diary Outfit Poll Pamper Day Peptaronic Perfumes Personalized Pixy Cosmetics Product Replacements Products I Want To Finished Project : Decluttered reebonz Reviews Revlon Romand You ROXY Sally Hansen Sampar Sariayu Scarlett Whitening Scented Candles Shampoo SheInside Shoes Shu Uemura Skin Aqua Skin Food Skin79 Skincare SNP Prep Soap & Glory Sociolla Spa Review Style Book Sukin Sunscreen Tagged posts Talika Talika 30 Days Challenge The Body Shop The Face Shop Thrift Haul Tony Moly TTT's Achievements Valentine Series Vanity Trove Veet Victorias Secret Vitaronic Wardah Weekly Facial Mask Wet n Wild What I Wear Today What To Wear What's In My Shower What's Inside My Bag Where To Shop Yearly Highlights YSL