ROXY New Batik collection and National Batik day

9:49:00 PM

Hello, today is National Batik day here in Indonesia. So as I tweeted yesterday, I'm wearing Batik today to commemorate the National Batik day! Lucky for me, I received a couple of samples from ROXY the other day. And it was both in Batik print! Yes people, ROXY is doing batik now, I am so happy to hear that. I feel so proud of my country's heritage that an international brand such as ROXY is doing a Batik collection based on Indonesian traditional batik prints. I've read in Fashionese Daily that Simon McGreggor, Marketing Executive of Quicksilver South East Asia said that this is the first time for Roxy to launch a collection based on Batik, and will continuously designed new collection using Batik. Yeay!

Do you know that Batik is originally from Indonesia? Batik is our heritage and we proudly wears it :D So anyway, speaking about ROXY, they are launching their new Batik collection and will be available throughout South East Asia. This new Batik collection were inspired from traditional Batik motif/pattern such as Mega Mendung (Rain Clouds), Parang (Daggers) and Kawung.


ROXY sent me two items from their collection. In above photo you can see the Mega Mendung print on the left, and the Kawung print on the right. The collection consists of several kinds of clothing such as T-shirts, Polo Shirts, Shirts and Jackets for men, also Fashion Tees, Skirts and Dresses for women as well as various accessories such as sandals, etc. All of the products are available for children and adults.

What I like about this collection is they also attached a story behind the Batik print in every item. So you can read about "Mega Mendung" and a history fact about "Kawung" or "Parang" when you bought the items.

So today I decided to wear the Mega Mendung for the National Batik day. Here's what it said about "Mega Mendung" in the attached card:

"The Mega Mendung (rain cloud) motif is a dominant theme in Cirebon Batik. The graduated colors of the clouds against a string background show Chinese influence. The clouds originated from design on bronze vessels during the Chou Dynasty in China in the 7th century BC.

According to Chinese mythology, the Nymph Goddess of Love revealed her presence through rain clouds during the day and through rain mists during the night. The Goddess of Love is therefore implied in the batik with the mega mendung pattern"

And here's the revelation ^o^ :

I just love this top. The price tag on this one is IDR 245k.

Back to the National Batik day, I'm happy to see some other people also wearing Batik today, they must be commemorating National Batik day just like me :) But I'm pretty much sure my Roxy "Batik Mega Mendung" asymmetrical tank is one of those that stands up among others ^o^ I am so loving both of the clothes they sent me, and in this post I just want to show how much I love this tank top.

I like the Mega Mendung print (me and hubby have long been admiring the mega mendung print for some reason). Other reason why I love the top is because of the comfy fabric and the asymmetrical cut on the lower side part. I love the color combination too. Overall, I love everything about it. It's so versatile too, I can wear it with almost anything. The half-colored design in the back is such a bold touch to the top. I got many people commenting and asking about the top all day :)



More details on the pattern:



You can get these Batik collection in a variety of Quiksilver vertical stores, surf stores such as Planet Surf and Point Break, and in their flag stores in leading department stores in Indonesia (PIM1 Jakarta, PVJ Bandung, Tunjungan Plaza 4 Surabaya). And like I mentioned earlier, this collection will be available in various countries in Southeast Asia such as Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia.
Thanks ROXY Indonesia for endorsing me with the fab clothes! Ah, I can't wait to show you the other one I received from Roxy, the pink "Kawung" buttoned down top, it's pink and it's cute! :D Wait for my next post :)

For more info and promo news, check out ROXY INDONESIA Fan Page on facebook!


To see how I styled my other Roxy top (the pink top), click here to read my other post.

You Might Also Like

3 thoughts & comments

  1. nice look plus that batik top is gorgeous <3

    vdcouture

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks lovely on you!
    i've just known the mega mendung one has that colour
    check on my batik post too as i also get two pieces from roxy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou lovelies :) I will be hopping to your blog after this :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all your comments, thanks for commenting here and sharing some love !
I will return the favors by checking out and comment back on your blog ^o^

A Member Of :

And A Proud Member of :

Also Part Of :

Popular Posts

Labels

1 item 4 ways 7 Days of Sheet Masks Accessories Ahaishopping Althea Ampoules Antipodes Armando Caruso ASOS Avoskin B.Liv Bag of News Bags bath Bath & Body Works Bath and Body BB Cream Beauty Box Beauty Clinic Beauty Korea Beauty Sets / Kits Beauty Stuffs beauty tools Beauty Treats Box Benefit Cosmetics Bio Essence Bioderma Brands and Designers Burts Bees Carings CC Cream Celebs Style Charis Chicnova Chiyou Cicaronic Circle Lens Clarins Cleansing Oils Cleansing Pads Clinelle Closet Edit Clothing Clozette Corine de Farme Cosmetics Cow Brand D.I.Y D'Eyeko DD Cream Deciem Do Good While You Shop Dorothy Perkins Dove Dream List Dry Oil Empties Erha Esqa Cosmetics Estee Lauder Etsy Etude House Events Eye Treatments Eyebrows Eyeliners eyeshadows Face Mask Face Mist Face Of The Day Face Oil Face Scrub Face Serum Face Toner Face Wash Face-Off Review Fake Eyelashes Fashion Fashion How-To Fashion Looks Fashion/Shopping-related First Blush Box Fragrance Fragrance Diary Freeman French Brand From My Stash Furatasse Get Fit Giveaways Givenchy Glowsophy Gucci Guess H&M Hair care hair extension Hand Care Hand Creams Hauls and Freebies Highlighter/Bronzer Himalaya Herbals History on Beauty/Fashion Hot Deals and Offers IBB Ideas n Inspirations innisfree Instagram Instagrammable Places IPL Treatment Jakarta Fashion Week 10/11 Jakarta Fashion Week 11/12 Japanese brands Jewelry Jimmy Choo Jo Malone Juara k Kanebo KBJ Stars Konjac Sponge KoreaBuys Korean Brand Korres Laneige Lip Products lip scrub Lippies Lippies Of The Month Local Skincare Loccitane Lola Box Look Book Lush Made in Indonesia Make Up Brushes Make Up Forever Makeup Remover Mascara Maybelline Mini Showcase Miniso Missha Mizzu Cosmetics Moisturizer Monthly Favorites MUA My Beauty Regimes My Styles N'Pure nail polish Natural and Earth Friendly Night Cream Nihonmart Nip+Fab Nuxe NYX Oasap Oscar Blandi OST C20 Outfit Diary Outfit Poll Pamper Day Peptaronic Perfumes Personalized Pixy Cosmetics Product Replacements Products I Want To Finished Project : Decluttered reebonz Reviews Revlon Romand You ROXY Sally Hansen Sampar Sariayu Scarlett Whitening Scented Candles Shampoo SheInside Shoes Shu Uemura Skin Aqua Skin Food Skin79 Skincare SNP Prep Soap & Glory Sociolla Spa Review Style Book Sukin Sunscreen Tagged posts Talika Talika 30 Days Challenge The Body Shop The Face Shop Thrift Haul Tony Moly TTT's Achievements Valentine Series Vanity Trove Veet Victorias Secret Vitaronic Wardah Weekly Facial Mask Wet n Wild What I Wear Today What To Wear What's In My Shower What's Inside My Bag Where To Shop Yearly Highlights YSL