Favorite Men Style: Modern Preppy

3:04:00 AM

I've been wanting to write a post about my favorite men style here on my blog but never get to it.  And I think it's about time ;)
I have always love a modern preppy style on menswear. I love the clean-cut, neat/polished, and a bit nerdy look that the preppy style oozes. Unfortunately hubs thinks this style is not for him although I've been assuring him that he looks good in this style and it suits him perfectly. I don't recommend him to wear pink sweater like Kanye here, only certain types of men that can wear pink without sacrificing his ego and manly aura, so the color pink is not for every man ;p


But nevertheless, Kanye is the king of this modern preppy style. His self confident gave him the ability to wear any style and any color, and still end up looking not a bit girly at all.

My long time favorite look from this men preppy style is the "sweater over collared shirt". I called it The Dynamic Duo Combination ^o^
In my own opinion, nothing can beat that. If I saw a man wearing this dynamic duo of a pair, my eyes would automatically follow. Now if only i could get hubs to want to wear that, he always think it's too "dressed-up" ;p


Other example of men preppy style is Ed Westwick's character on Gossip Girl. I always love to see Chuck Bass in his up-class preppy wardrobe ! He can wear pink too and not end up looking like a girl ;) And i love Chuck Bass character too, he's my favorite boy from Gossip Girl.

My other favorite style other than the "sweater over collared shirt" is the pairing of a blazer and jeans/cords. That's a mix of preppy meets sporty with a little bit of "art student" aura... and I'm liking it :D
 
So what about you? what's your favorite men style? what style or outfit would you prefer your man to wear? or if you have a favorite man character or favorite celebrities's style that you like, please do share! :)

You Might Also Like

4 thoughts & comments

  1. He sure does dress preppy! and even though im not a big fan of kanye west, he sure knows how to dress
    xoxo
    vee
    did that rhyme???

    ReplyDelete
  2. love Chuck Bass! his style is fab x

    Missy
    Enter my Apothica giveaway!
    http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. You’ve got awarded with the Versatile Blogger award. http://gryshco.com/post/3100475181/leopard-headband-from-zhangzhou-china

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love many men's styles, and the preppy look with a twist is deinitely one of them. However its a veeeery tricky look to pull off and I think it comes with a weight limit. One of my favourite coo, preppy nerds on TV was Seth Cohen/Aiden Brody...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all your comments, thanks for commenting here and sharing some love !
I will return the favors by checking out and comment back on your blog ^o^

A Member Of :

And A Proud Member of :

Also Part Of :

Popular Posts

Labels

1 item 4 ways 7 Days of Sheet Masks Accessories Ahaishopping Althea Ampoules Antipodes Armando Caruso ASOS Avoskin B.Liv Bag of News Bags bath Bath & Body Works Bath and Body BB Cream Beauty Box Beauty Clinic Beauty Korea Beauty Sets / Kits Beauty Stuffs beauty tools Beauty Treats Box Benefit Cosmetics Bio Essence Bioderma Brands and Designers Burts Bees Carings CC Cream Celebs Style Charis Chicnova Chiyou Cicaronic Circle Lens Clarins Cleansing Oils Cleansing Pads Clinelle Closet Edit Clothing Clozette Corine de Farme Cosmetics Cow Brand D.I.Y D'Eyeko DD Cream Deciem Do Good While You Shop Dorothy Perkins Dove Dream List Dry Oil Empties Erha Esqa Cosmetics Estee Lauder Etsy Etude House Events Eye Treatments Eyebrows Eyeliners eyeshadows Face Mask Face Mist Face Of The Day Face Oil Face Scrub Face Serum Face Toner Face Wash Face-Off Review Fake Eyelashes Fashion Fashion How-To Fashion Looks Fashion/Shopping-related First Blush Box Fragrance Fragrance Diary Freeman French Brand From My Stash Furatasse Get Fit Giveaways Givenchy Glowsophy Gucci Guess H&M Hair care hair extension Hand Care Hand Creams Hauls and Freebies Highlighter/Bronzer Himalaya Herbals History on Beauty/Fashion Hot Deals and Offers IBB Ideas n Inspirations innisfree Instagram Instagrammable Places IPL Treatment Jakarta Fashion Week 10/11 Jakarta Fashion Week 11/12 Japanese brands Jewelry Jimmy Choo Jo Malone Juara k Kanebo KBJ Stars Konjac Sponge KoreaBuys Korean Brand Korres Laneige Lip Products lip scrub Lippies Lippies Of The Month Local Skincare Loccitane Lola Box Look Book Lush Made in Indonesia Make Up Brushes Make Up Forever Makeup Remover Mascara Maybelline Mini Showcase Miniso Missha Mizzu Cosmetics Moisturizer Monthly Favorites MUA My Beauty Regimes My Styles N'Pure nail polish Natural and Earth Friendly Night Cream Nihonmart Nip+Fab Nuxe NYX Oasap Oscar Blandi OST C20 Outfit Diary Outfit Poll Pamper Day Peptaronic Perfumes Personalized Pixy Cosmetics Product Replacements Products I Want To Finished Project : Decluttered reebonz Reviews Revlon Romand You ROXY Sally Hansen Sampar Sariayu Scarlett Whitening Scented Candles Shampoo SheInside Shoes Shu Uemura Skin Aqua Skin Food Skin79 Skincare SNP Prep Soap & Glory Sociolla Spa Review Style Book Sukin Sunscreen Tagged posts Talika Talika 30 Days Challenge The Body Shop The Face Shop Thrift Haul Tony Moly TTT's Achievements Valentine Series Vanity Trove Veet Victorias Secret Vitaronic Wardah Weekly Facial Mask Wet n Wild What I Wear Today What To Wear What's In My Shower What's Inside My Bag Where To Shop Yearly Highlights YSL