Fashion Looks: Wedding Gown for a Royal Wedding

9:51:00 PM

Aaahhh.... all that Royal Wedding paraphernalia really get me in the mood. Did you watched it? I didn't get up from in front of the TV for like 6 hours! One of the local TV channel aired various programs focusing on "everything about William & Kate" -- all through the day until we get to the Live Report of the Royal Wedding so I couldn't keep my eyes off the TV ^o^

Congratulations to Prince William and Catherine Middleton, 
from now on will be known as Duke & Duchess of Cambridge.

So anyway, Kate Middleton's wedding gown was finally revealed. It was designed by Sarah Burton from Alexander McQueen. There are some contradictory responses regarding the dress. A lot of people agreed with the dress and praise McQueen for that but some people (including me) thinks the dress is gorgeous and elegant and really suits Kate BUT it's far from what you might expect from the house of McQueen or what McQueen usually designed. McQueen designs are known for bold and a little extra vagant while Kate's dress is a bit on the simple side which I thought is so not McQueen. We found out that Kate actually designed most of the dress so that explains the "too simple for a McQueen" gown that the Duchess of Cambridge wore ;)


Kate chose a simple, elegant and very pretty white silk and lace wedding gown with a style almost similar to what Grace Kelly wore on her wedding day to the King of Monaco. The full lace at the top and the torso-length veil is similar. But who doesn't want her wedding dress as graceful as Grace Kelly's, right?

Grace Kelly on her wedding day. See the resemblance? The lace on top, long sleeve and the torso-length veil with tiara.

I think Kate's dress is really beautiful and I can even see her as Queen in that royal ceremony. She does have a certain royal aura and with that tiara on her head she really looked like a Queen (anyone agree with me?).
The dress is perfect for a great occasion like that, it made me wonder what would I wear if I were in Kate's shoes? hahaha Dreamy much?

I am married now and the custom in my country (based on certain nationality and religion) is to wear a national costume called "Kebaya". It's made of lace and we usually wear Batik as skirts, but not an ordinary Batik, it's a royal Batik embellished with gold threads and sometimes added with lace so it looked like a royal skirt. So no white wedding gowns for me. 
For color options, we usually wear white for the holy ceremony and we can wear any color during the reception. Here is the pic of me wearing my white Kebaya for the ceremony:


Now being the daydreamer I am, I imagine what would my white wedding gown would be. Well, first I think I would not prefer the strapless ones because I don't know, I just don't like the ones with straps or covered shoulders better.

wedding gowns with covered shoulders:
I love both the middle pic and the last pic the most. The last pic because it has that demure vintage feel to it, really sweet looking. And I like the middle pic because it's got almost everything I wanted such as the covered shoulder, the pretty chantily lace, the sweetheart neckline, the shape of the dress, and the sheer lace veil with a gorgeous train. I prefer a long train on the veil not the dress because I think it's more dreamy looking ;)


Other than the covered shoulder I also like a ballgown shape, it's a dress with a full shaped skirt just like what fairytale princesses wear ;)
I love this tiered whole-silk-lace skirt on the dress, plus that sweetheart neckline and that sheer veil/shawl = awesomeness!

Or maybe a modern ballgown shape like this one? this is actually pretty cute too :D


I also like a sleek slenderizing look in a soft flowy fabric with empire cut like a grecian goddess dress:
Perfect for a simple wedding. But maybe I'd save it for my Reception dress ;)


So anyway, if you were Kate, what would you wear in your big royal wedding? I myself would prefer something worth to talk about, like maybe this gorgeous Cabaret wedding gown from Ian Stuart?
A few of wedding gown designers that I love are: Monique Lhuillier, Marchesa (who designed Nicole Richie's wedding gown!), Claire Pettibone, Jenny Packham, and a British designer Ian Stuart. 

I love Ian Stuart wedding gown collections, they are all so dreamy and gorgeous with the finest textile you could get. Above pic is one of his collection, isn't it gorgeous? It's perfect for a royal celebration. The stunning gown is beaded with sequins and crystals throughout. It features a one shoulder strap, covered in silk flowers. The back bodice has a lace up corset, and the front has asymetric skirt drape that reveals another blooms of handmade silk flowers!

And while I was browsing Ian Stuart website I found a gorgeous dress with the name "Tiger Lily" !! What? That is my screen name, it always been my screen name ever since I first met the internet more than 10yrs ago. So of course I have to look at the dress! It turns out to be a gorgeous dress with a hint of oriental inspiration which I love very much!
And it is what I want in a dress! Look at the covered shoulder, the pretty lace, and the sleek slender shape of the dress. Perfect! Go to Ian Stuart website for more beautiful gowns worth to dream about ^__^


Okay, now back to royal wedding gown, what about this elegant gown from Monique Lhuillier:
It's grey/silver with white lace, but if you read my last post, you'd know by now that all the royal brides used to wear silver/gold wedding gowns before Queen Victoria choose white and then all the world copied her.
This grey/silver and white gown screams opulent. It has a long coat style which makes it unique. And it's a ballgown shape too which I think is a must shape for a royal wedding gown.


What about the maid of honor dress?
Maid of Honor dress should not be the one who steal the attention because all the attention should be on the bride, right? but that doesn't mean the maid of honor or bridesmaids dresses should be ugly or too simple. Take a look at what Pippa Middleton wore, she looks stunning but still the attention was mostly all for Kate. So how bout these pretty dress on the first pic above which is from (again) Ian Stuart? This one has vintage inspired lace covering and traditional neckline which if I might add, is appropriate for a royal wedding. But maybe not with the hairstyle on this pic though ;)
The 2nd pic is a pretty dress from Jenny Packham. It has simple shape but adorned with elegant looking rich embellishment on the neckline up to the back and torso.


What do you think of those choices above? 
Or if the bride prefer a more simpler shape then how bout this elegant looking gown in lavender?
This taffeta suede dress is also from Ian Stuart collection. It has a ballgown shape with not-so-deep v-neck and subtle pleats on the skirt. What makes this dress special is the hand dyed flower corsage on the shoulder that adds a modern feature to this classic timeless gown.

Oh, and if the bride chose the lavender gown then the mother of the bride can wear this:
An elegant lavender dress + blazer style that would correspond to the royal wedding dress code which is: uniform, morning coat, or lounge suit.


Wait, we still have a Night Reception to attend! And that means another gorgeous dress to wear! Hmm, what about this lovely ones from Marchesa on below pic? I love the dress on the right, it has a dazzling gold embellishment and it's made of soft flowy fabric because we heard the reception would include a dance party ! We want to be able to move and dance with our new husband and close friends and families, don't we? ;)
 Or maybe a sequined silk dress like this one below from Jenny Packham? The hairpiece is also very pretty.
Or maybe the bride would choose something more regal like this dark beauty one from Alexander McQueen?




So, who's the winner?
After browsing here and there I finally found the perfect dress fit for a royal wedding. I present to you... "the Dauphine".. :
Now this dress is everything a princess wants to wear in her wedding day. Look at that big ballgown shape, almost like a dress worn by Marie Antoinette, don't you think? This dress called Dauphine is (again) from Ian Stuart collection. Made from exquisitely beaded french lace with lavishly draped side panels with tiers and delicate flower corsages. There's even a matching beaded lace trim veil to complete the look! 
I now pronounced this as the ultimate royal wedding dress!


And here's what the Maid of Honor should wear:
This beautiful dress is from Claire Pettibone. I love the simple shape and the covered shoulder because hey, it's a royal wedding we're talking about here so no overly exposed cleavage please ^o^ I also love the hairstyle in this one.


And as for the mother of the bride, she could wear this Toffee version of the previous Ian Stuart outfit above:
Gorgeous morning dress, perfect hat (because it's a British wedding, remember?), and gorgeous color too. With the right jewelry such as the dangling golden earrings in this pic would make it even more perfect.


What about the bridesmaid dresses? Well how bout these cute pale yellow satin dresses with pretty lace detailing at the hem and cute bow at the back?


And for the night reception:
This looks elegant, beautiful and "royal enough" for reception party. This is actually a top and a strapless gown. The sheer tulle top with silver bead and crystal embellishment is from Alberta Ferretti while the strapless gown is from Gucci. 

And I think above dress would look lovely with these accessories:
Judith Leiber Sequined Embroidered Clutch
 Oscar De La Renta Crystal Embellished Chandelier Earrings and Christian Louboutin Swarovski Crystal Peep Toe Pumps
 

What do you say?
^_______^


Oh and if you were to come to the royal wedding as a guest, what would you wear? Hmm, let's just check the dress code first:
The Royal Wedding Invitation. Dress code is on the right bottom corner.

Dresscode: Uniform, Morning Coat, Lounge Suit.
Now what is a morning suit? according to Wikipedia, "Morning dress is the daytime formal dress code, consisting chiefly for men of a morning coat, waistcoat, and striped trousers, and an appropriate dress for women."
So for women, that means a formal dress that usually includes a blazer or coat, and probably gloves. The skirt is of course preferably knee length, no minis please. And if one should choose to wear pants, then one should probably also wear a neat coat with it. Hats are optional but usually a British wedding means a "war of the hats" ;p


So here are some of my choices:
For the ceremony:
a gorgeous dress and cropped blazer from Ian Stuart in silver, with floral-shaped embellishment, or :
a Valentino leather-trimmed lace dress.
^________^

And maybe with this hat?


And for the Reception at night there is no dress code so I'd wear a gorgeous party dress such as this one from Alice Temperley also known as Temperley London:

^________^


How bout you?



Sources: Ian Stuart, Net-A-Porter, Martha Stewart, and various bridal websites

You Might Also Like

4 thoughts & comments

  1. I loved Kate's dress, never expected her to wear something I'll like as I find her very boring. You shared some really beautiful dresses in this post but unfortunately or maybe luckily I don't have anyone to marry right now :D

    P.S.: You look really stunning in your dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are what I liked from the wonderful wedding gowns you've posted:
    - The second from the ones with covered shoulders
    - The tiered whole-silk-lace skirt

    But I don't think I'll be getting married anytime soon. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Brandy & @Grysh : Thank youu for your comments, I'm glad I'm not the only one who suddenly has wedding fever here hahaha ;)
    I'm glad you liked my choices! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pictures! Absolutely beautiful! Such a memorable time!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all your comments, thanks for commenting here and sharing some love !
I will return the favors by checking out and comment back on your blog ^o^

A Member Of :

And A Proud Member of :

Also Part Of :

Popular Posts

Labels

1 item 4 ways 7 Days of Sheet Masks Accessories Ahaishopping Althea Ampoules Antipodes Armando Caruso ASOS Avoskin B.Liv Bag of News Bags bath Bath & Body Works Bath and Body BB Cream Beauty Box Beauty Clinic Beauty Korea Beauty Sets / Kits Beauty Stuffs beauty tools Beauty Treats Box Benefit Cosmetics Bio Essence Bioderma Brands and Designers Burts Bees Carings CC Cream Celebs Style Charis Chicnova Chiyou Cicaronic Circle Lens Clarins Cleansing Oils Cleansing Pads Clinelle Closet Edit Clothing Clozette Corine de Farme Cosmetics Cow Brand D.I.Y D'Eyeko DD Cream Deciem Do Good While You Shop Dorothy Perkins Dove Dream List Dry Oil Empties Erha Esqa Cosmetics Estee Lauder Etsy Etude House Events Eye Treatments Eyebrows Eyeliners eyeshadows Face Mask Face Mist Face Of The Day Face Oil Face Scrub Face Serum Face Toner Face Wash Face-Off Review Fake Eyelashes Fashion Fashion How-To Fashion Looks Fashion/Shopping-related First Blush Box Fragrance Fragrance Diary Freeman French Brand From My Stash Furatasse Get Fit Giveaways Givenchy Glowsophy Gucci Guess H&M Hair care hair extension Hand Care Hand Creams Hauls and Freebies Highlighter/Bronzer Himalaya Herbals History on Beauty/Fashion Hot Deals and Offers IBB Ideas n Inspirations innisfree Instagram Instagrammable Places IPL Treatment Jakarta Fashion Week 10/11 Jakarta Fashion Week 11/12 Japanese brands Jewelry Jimmy Choo Jo Malone Juara k Kanebo KBJ Stars Konjac Sponge KoreaBuys Korean Brand Korres Laneige Lip Products lip scrub Lippies Lippies Of The Month Local Skincare Loccitane Lola Box Look Book Lush Made in Indonesia Make Up Brushes Make Up Forever Makeup Remover Mascara Maybelline Mini Showcase Miniso Missha Mizzu Cosmetics Moisturizer Monthly Favorites MUA My Beauty Regimes My Styles N'Pure nail polish Natural and Earth Friendly Night Cream Nihonmart Nip+Fab Nuxe NYX Oasap Oscar Blandi OST C20 Outfit Diary Outfit Poll Pamper Day Peptaronic Perfumes Personalized Pixy Cosmetics Product Replacements Products I Want To Finished Project : Decluttered reebonz Reviews Revlon Romand You ROXY Sally Hansen Sampar Sariayu Scarlett Whitening Scented Candles Shampoo SheInside Shoes Shu Uemura Skin Aqua Skin Food Skin79 Skincare SNP Prep Soap & Glory Sociolla Spa Review Style Book Sukin Sunscreen Tagged posts Talika Talika 30 Days Challenge The Body Shop The Face Shop Thrift Haul Tony Moly TTT's Achievements Valentine Series Vanity Trove Veet Victorias Secret Vitaronic Wardah Weekly Facial Mask Wet n Wild What I Wear Today What To Wear What's In My Shower What's Inside My Bag Where To Shop Yearly Highlights YSL