The Best & Not-So-Best Dressed : Golden Globe and SAG Awards 2012

10:58:00 AM

Oh my God I just realized that my blog hasn't been updated! The truth is I have updated the blog by publishing this particular post on February 1st via the Blogger for iPhone app. That is my first time of trying the app because my laptop was having some big errors these past few weeks so I couldn't log on via laptop, and then I decided to try the Blogger for iPhone app. And I swore I have published this post via the app and I thought this post is up and running, but today when I got the chance to open my laptop I just realized that the post DID NOT published on that day on February 1st, dammit! (sorry)..

So anyway, I won't vouch for the Blogger for iPhone app to update your blogs, and I learned my lesson. Now let's just re-published this post, shall we?

-------------------------------------------------

I know this is such a very very late post but I actually already have this post as draft in my blogger so I think I just post it now anyway. I made a list like this back in 2010 for the Emmy's Best & Worst Dressed list, and I remember how much fun it was when I made the post, so I thought I'd do it again this year. 

So here is my best dressed (and not-so-best dressed) in two of recent Hollywood big events: The 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards (or SAG Awards) and the Golden Globe Awards.

First up is the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards that was held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 15, 2012, in Beverly Hills, California. 

So most of the websites and blogs out there are mostly saying that among the best dressed that night were Charlize Theron in silk chiffon Christian Dior gown, and Jessica Alba in Gucci, but hey don't get me wrong, although their dresses are no doubt very beautiful but I just personally think the dresses are nothing "new", I mean you can see lots of other dresses like that in red carpet events so nothing new or nothing very special about the dress that makes me say "wow" or sparks joy when I first see it.

But no worries, I do find some other best dressed in their list that are on my list too, such as Angelina Jolie. Read below to see my version of the Best & Not-So-Best Dressed of the Golden Globe Awards:

First up, is the Best Dressed:


My 1st place :
Evan Rachel Wood in Gucci
Now some of you might not agree with my number one choice because I know this dress is not for everybody ;p But I just love everything in this dress. This is all-out diva, perfect for big events like Golden Globe where you want yourself to shine and grab the attention in a good way. This dress somehow reminds me of the famous J Lo's green Versace dress all over again, maybe because the similar deep v-neck, and the strong green color, and the 'wow' factor of both dresses ;)
Maybe only Evan Rachel Wood that can look totally great in this dress.


My 2nd place:
Angeline Jolie in Atelier Versace
Taken from someone who almost always wear black, this time Angelina really shines through her white silk satin Atelier Versace dress with red lapel that she complimented with a matching red lips (which is also her signature). This look might be the best of Angelina's red carpet looks so far. Everyone predicts that you might wear another black dress again, but no you're not! You decided to bedazzle everyone with this gorgeous lovable look.


My 3rd place:
Tilda Swinton in Haider Ackermann
This is also another bold dress that maybe only someone like Tilda Swinton can wear it this elegantly. And with that bouffant hair and flawless makeup she just nailed it. Tilda seems to have some sort of partnership with Haider Ackermann because she mostly always wear something from that brand. Either a partnership or Tilda just love the brand so much ;)


And the Runner Ups are:
Nicole Kidman in Versace
This body-hugging silver gown is full with gold-embellishments, and the dress looked like it was made for Nicole's body. It's just look so flawless on her. The gold embellishment color in the dress actually matched her hair color, maybe that's what makes this look so perfect.


Lea Michelle in Marchesa
I always love Marchesa (if I were a hollywood celebrity I would always wear either Marchesa, Monique Lhuillier, Ellie Saab, or Valentino to the red carpet events -LOL). And this particular one that Lea wore is also very gorgeous. I love the dark silver color, I love the cutting, I love the design of the dress too, it just look gorgeous. Lea Michelle is a "hit & miss" for me (mostly "miss") regarding the red carpet attire, and that's because she seems to always look like she just tried too much. I don't know why she seems to want to be portrait as 'sexy' or have a sexy image because most of the time she always dresses in something that's too revealing, and she flaunt it too much. It's like she wants to show to people that she's a hot material. Well, that's just my opinion ;) But I love her though, I'm a big Glee fan ;)


Salma Hayek in Gucci
This dress was created specially for Salma by Gucci, so no wonder the dress looks absolutely stunning on her, am I not right?! The gorgeous black, gold, and red detailing at the torso is absolutely divine, and the shimmery pleated long skirt is oh-so-elegantly-goddess-like. Perfecto!


 Berenice Bejo in Gucci
I actually have no word for this dress other than "Divine". Love the rich blue color, love the light layers silhouette, love the detail in the torso, and love the overall make up and hair do in this outfit. And the vibrant clutch is just a perfect addition to it. Berenice really nailed this one!



And since there are many gorgeous dresses that night so I couldn't help but to also have some
Honorable Mentions:
Jenna Dewan in Maria Lucia Hohan
I love this sheer teal dress, it's from a foreign designer and it looks really gorgeous on Jenna, especially with that matching clutch and dazzling earrings, love it!


Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang
This is like the perfect mermaid dress ever! And it hugged Sofia's figure so perfectly, she looks like a princess from the deep sea ;)


Shailene Woodley in Marchesa
The light flowy design of this gown is definitely one of Marchesa's best dresses, The rich embellishments on the torso are significantly beautiful. The up do hair style makes it even more goddess-like.


So what do you think? I was surprised that as you can see above, there are quite a few Gucci dresses on my favorite list this time, and two of them are on my Top three list. Hmm, maybe I should add Gucci to that "designers-list-that-I-would-wear-if-I'm-a-hollywood-celebrity" ;P


And you know a Best Dressed list would not be completed without the 
Not-So-Best-Dressed list, here we go:
Jodie Foster
Come on, Jodie? The dress looks blah and it looks like she did not go to the fitting before the big event because the fitting is quite not right, the fabric looks cheap, and the shoes she paired it with are just disasters. Sorry Jodie.. :(


 Emily Deschanel
 I just dont like  how the dress has one longer sleeve and one not, I think it's "last year trend". And I think the dress just doesn't give any flattering effect on Emily at all. The fabric and the color is actually nice though, but the shoes are obviously not the shoes you want to pair a slinky dress with. Maybe if she wore a slinky strappy heels instead of a closed toe like this one it would be better.


 -------------------------------------------------------



And here is from the SAG Awards that was held at The Shrine Auditorium on January 29, 2012 in Los Angeles.

As I mention above, I might have a different opinion than what other blogs and websites said about the best dressed list. In their number one list is Emma Stone in Alexander McQueen and Lea Michelle in Versace, but again, although the dresses they wore were very beautiful but there's just something that makes it seems a little bit off. For me, the length of Emma's gown just bothers me a little, I think it's a bit un-flattering for her petite figure, but it's just my opinion. And for Lea Michelle, well as I told you above how she sometimes love to wear revealing clothes and just "out there revealing it", well she did it this time ;p

So anyway, here is my Best & Not-So-Best Dressed of the SAG Awards, starting from the
Best Dressed:


My 1st place:
Michelle Williams in Valentino
The red asymmetrical gown with lace detailing looks perfect with that red satin Roger Vivier shoes and Lanvin clutch. The makeup and hair do is simple but yet look so chic and elegant, perfect for the dress. Valentino just never make a dress wrong ;p


My 2nd place:
Ariel Winter in Colette Dinigan
I just love this grey sparkly and lace tube dress with a sweetheart neckline. The full-on diamante on the torso looks very posh and makes the dress even more fabulous. I also love the light pleats on the bottom lace skirt. And the way Ariel paired it with grey Miu Miu pumps makes her look so chic and cute, really appropriate for her age.


 My 3rd place:
Sofia Vergara in Marchesa
Sofia made it on my list again! This time in 3rd place, wearing a gorgeous Marchesa's silk stain crepe gown in Raspberry. The gown is simply beautiful, with that perfect drapes at the bottom that makes you look like a princess, and that beautiful sculpted detailing at the upper area that really makes this gown special. The dress is also gorgeous too, it's a refreshing color amongst the usual black, white, and red gowns on the red carpet. The hair do is also perfect for this dress, and the jewelries are also a big help :)


And now, the Runner Ups:
 Amber Riley in Badgley Mischka
I love how different this look is from Amber's character in Glee. And I really love her choice here. This dress is definitely very flattering on her figure, and the up-do on the hair also helps make the whole appearance very lovely. The lace skirt and the halter with big bow on the chest area somehow looks great on Amber. The footwear choice is also perfect. I think whoever her stylist is, she should keep it ;)


 Rose Byrne in Elie Saab
I love the boldness of this outfit. This is something that you wear with a risk, because not everyone gonna like it. But I personally think this attire suits Rose just fine. The blunt haircut and the minimal accessory as well as minimal make up really brings this outfit together. Her figure is a big help too, this outfit might not for everybody, only girls like Rose Byrne can pull this off.


 Regina King in Alberta Ferretti
This lilac chiffon gown is what a princess should wear in her palace's ballroom ;) I love how ethereal this gown looks. The layering effect of the fabric is so light and it drapes beautifully too. I also love how this gown is very figure-flattering on Regina. And the makeup is gorgeous too.


 Maria Menounos in Blumarine
 Not everybody can wear yellow, let alone a sparkly yellow. But when you can wear it, you'll rock it! Just like Maria here, this sparkly yellow Blumarine dress is simply stunning on her. She looks elegant, and glamorous at the same time. And I also love the hair do and the makeup. She looks very beautiful in this ensemble. (Maria also made it to my Best Dressed list back in 2010)



And let's not forget, 
the Honorable Mentions:
 Kelly Osbourne in Badgley Mischka
I love this white dress, from the pretty ruched and lace detailing at the shoulder area, to the hanging ornaments on the belt, I think this dress is simply gorgeous. If only Kelly did something different to her hair, this look might be in my top list.


 Jennifer Carpenter in Emilio Pucci
I love this red dress! But Jennifer didn't do something special enough with her hair to make this dress more special. And the shoes are probably not the best to go with this dress either, so maybe next time better?


 Judy Greer in Colette Dinnigan
 Love the whole white dress + pink accessories look here. The makeup and hair also gorgeous.


 And last but not least,
the Not-So-Best-Dressed:
 Heather Morris
It's too bad that Heather Morris has to be in my worst dress list this year, while she is actually on my best dress list back in 2010. This dress just spelled : d.i.s.a.s.t.e.r


 Shailene Woodley
It's weird how Shailene usually ended up in the best dressed list, and yet she is now on my worst dressed list. I even put her in the Honorable Mentions on my Golden Globe list above, but somehow I have to shove her down to the worst dressed list on this SAG Awards event. Maybe because the print/pattern on her dress is very child-like (plus the lack of accessories), or maybe because the dress just couldn't give the "star quality" that Shailene needs for the red carpet.



And that's it guys!
Tell me what you think ^__^

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts & comments

I really appreciate all your comments, thanks for commenting here and sharing some love !
I will return the favors by checking out and comment back on your blog ^o^

A Member Of :

And A Proud Member of :

Also Part Of :

Popular Posts

Labels

1 item 4 ways 7 Days of Sheet Masks Accessories Ahaishopping Althea Ampoules Antipodes Armando Caruso ASOS Avoskin B.Liv Bag of News Bags bath Bath & Body Works Bath and Body BB Cream Beauty Box Beauty Clinic Beauty Korea Beauty Sets / Kits Beauty Stuffs beauty tools Beauty Treats Box Benefit Cosmetics Bio Essence Bioderma Brands and Designers Burts Bees Carings CC Cream Celebs Style Charis Chicnova Chiyou Cicaronic Circle Lens Clarins Cleansing Oils Cleansing Pads Clinelle Closet Edit Clothing Clozette Corine de Farme Cosmetics Cow Brand D.I.Y D'Eyeko DD Cream Deciem Do Good While You Shop Dorothy Perkins Dove Dream List Dry Oil Empties Erha Esqa Cosmetics Estee Lauder Etsy Etude House Events Eye Treatments Eyebrows Eyeliners eyeshadows Face Mask Face Mist Face Of The Day Face Oil Face Scrub Face Serum Face Toner Face Wash Face-Off Review Fake Eyelashes Fashion Fashion How-To Fashion Looks Fashion/Shopping-related First Blush Box Fragrance Fragrance Diary Freeman French Brand From My Stash Furatasse Get Fit Giveaways Givenchy Glowsophy Gucci Guess H&M Hair care hair extension Hand Care Hand Creams Hauls and Freebies Highlighter/Bronzer Himalaya Herbals History on Beauty/Fashion Hot Deals and Offers IBB Ideas n Inspirations innisfree Instagram Instagrammable Places IPL Treatment Jakarta Fashion Week 10/11 Jakarta Fashion Week 11/12 Japanese brands Jewelry Jimmy Choo Jo Malone Juara k Kanebo KBJ Stars Konjac Sponge KoreaBuys Korean Brand Korres Laneige Lip Products lip scrub Lippies Lippies Of The Month Local Skincare Loccitane Lola Box Look Book Lush Made in Indonesia Make Up Brushes Make Up Forever Makeup Remover Mascara Maybelline Mini Showcase Miniso Missha Mizzu Cosmetics Moisturizer Monthly Favorites MUA My Beauty Regimes My Styles N'Pure nail polish Natural and Earth Friendly Night Cream Nihonmart Nip+Fab Nuxe NYX Oasap Oscar Blandi OST C20 Outfit Diary Outfit Poll Pamper Day Peptaronic Perfumes Personalized Pixy Cosmetics Product Replacements Products I Want To Finished Project : Decluttered reebonz Reviews Revlon Romand You ROXY Sally Hansen Sampar Sariayu Scarlett Whitening Scented Candles Shampoo SheInside Shoes Shu Uemura Skin Aqua Skin Food Skin79 Skincare SNP Prep Soap & Glory Sociolla Spa Review Style Book Sukin Sunscreen Tagged posts Talika Talika 30 Days Challenge The Body Shop The Face Shop Thrift Haul Tony Moly TTT's Achievements Valentine Series Vanity Trove Veet Victorias Secret Vitaronic Wardah Weekly Facial Mask Wet n Wild What I Wear Today What To Wear What's In My Shower What's Inside My Bag Where To Shop Yearly Highlights YSL