Where To Shop: Korea Buys (Part 1)

8:08:00 PM

I just realized that although I have tried several kinds of skincare products from Korean brands but apparently I only have tried a few makeup products from Korean brands. I mostly tried eyeliners and lip products from Korean brands, but it was only a handful of them. I never tried the eyeshadows and blushes because most Korean brands usually have pastel colors eyeshadows and blushes that I thought were mostly suited for fair skin tones while mine is on the medium tan range. So I always thought that the colors would not show on my skin tone, and that's why I never bought them.

So when I received these korean makeup goodies I was a bit hesitant at first to try them out. But soon after I tried them I was surprised indeed!
It turns out that these korean makeup were awesome!
Not only that they "shows" on my skintone but the quality and the durability of the colors are pretty great too!


So a couple of weeks ago I received these goodies from Korea Buys, a local online shop that specialized in Korean stuffs. They offer Korean makeup, skincare, as well as fashion products. All their stuffs are directly from Korea so you will be guaranteed that they sell authentic products.

I received a box full of goodies of:
- Missha M Super Extreme Waterproof Mascara in black
- Missha The Style Defining Blusher in #CR02 Light Coral
- Missha The Style Triple Perfection Eyeshadow in #5 Grape Purple
- Missha Crystal Shine Rouge in the color #RD02
- Missha Speedy Solution Anti Trouble Patch
- ITs SKIN Color Play Pocket Lip Gloss in #PK01 Hot Star Pink

Now since there are a lot of goodies in the box so I have decided to split this review into two separate posts. Today I'm gonna review the Missha Triple Eyeshadow, Missha Mascara, and It's Skin Lip Gloss:


I have tried and loved Missha products before, especially the famous BB Cream but I never tried any of the colored makeup from Missha. So this is the very first time I tried them on and I am immediately hooked!

The quality of Missha products are great, all of Missha products that I have tried are very satisfying, including all the Missha stuffs that I received above. The eyeshadows were gorgeous, the mascara creates pretty eyelashes, the blusher is smooth and delicate, the lipstick has pretty packaging and color, and the anti-trouble patch is very practical.

Now, let's review them one by one...

Up first is Missha The Style Triple Perfection Eyeshadow. Mine is in #5 Grape Purple, a triple color in a gradation of purple shade.

Aren't the colors gorgeous? ;)

This eyeshadow has a combination of Flower Complex, Pearl powder, Marine Collagen, Green tea extract, Aloe extract, and Argan oil as it's ingredients. All of them are good for reducing irritation, and moisturizing, tightening as well as softening the skin around the eyes. 

This eyeshadow is small so you can easily tuck it in your makeup case or even wallet ;p

You can use this eyeshadow with or without an eyeshadow brush. You can use your fingertip to apply the color (or all 3 colors in it) or use the tip of a small makeup brush and blend the colors on your eyelid.

(swatches)
(on the eyelid)

This Missha Triple Perfection Eyeshadow's price is IDR 59.400 at Korea Buys, and it is currently ready stock. There are other colors available too, all of them are pretty  ;)

As you can see from the photo above, the color pay-off are pretty great. Usually pastel colors won't show easily on my eyelid, but the colors on this Missha eyeshadow is very pigmented I don't even need a primer to make the colors shows! Pretty amazing for an affordable eyeliner!

The texture is soft and smooth when applied to the skin. It also has a little bit of shimmers, not glittery, more like satin. It lasted pretty long on my oily eyelid, and I also love that it's not powdery so that means less "fall out". Overall, it's just simply perfect, both for day or night use.


Here is an instruction on how to use the Missha Triple Perfection Eyeshadow:

I really love this eyeshadow because it looks pretty on the packaging as well as on the eyelid. I also love how I don't need a primer to get the colors shows up, so I'm thinking of getting them in another colors now ;p


Okay, next up is the Missha M Super Extreme Waterproof Mascara (for Volume & Curling).

I am a self-proclaimed mascara junkie so I love trying on different mascaras. I would usually look for mascaras that has a volumizing effect, and I can say that this mascara from Missha can give you that volume as well as great curling effect all at once!

Just check out the unique wand below! I think the unique shape of the wand helps create voluminous effect while separating the lashes without clumping it.


This oil-gel based mascara is infused with a silicone resin layer that makes it waterproof and sweat-proof. The setting power is high, it is long-lasting and has "no clumping" formula. It also has other ingredients such as dipanthenol and phyto-collagen which helps nourish and moisturize lashes.

When I tried it on, my lashes would curl up like they never curled before ;p And it also gave volume that makes my lashes stand out. It also feels light and stays on all day without smudging. I also love how it seems to separate my lashes because it does not clumps up upon application. It is waterproof but it's easy to remove with a medium strength eye makeup remover or cleansing oil.



You can get this Missha M Super Extreme Waterproof Mascara at Korea Buys website for the price of IDR 125.000. I recommend this mascara for those who have oily eyelid because this one stays on and did not smudge on my oily eyelid, and it is sweat-proof too, perfect for the tropical climate of our country ;)


Now, let's move on to ITs SKIN Color Play Pocket Lip Gloss.
This cute lip gloss is very practical to bring around because of the small shape of it, and they come in pretty colors too.

Mine is in the color #PK01 Hot Star Pink which sometimes describes as a candy pink color, but in reality it is more like a pale milky pink color in the tube.


This is my first time trying on ITs SKIN product and so far I like the quality of this lip gloss. It doesn't feel sticky upon application and it also spread evenly on the lips surface unlike most lip glosses.

It also gives out a natural healthy shine on your lips, so it would not give you shimmers, glitters, or an over-dosed shine factor that makes you look like you just ate some fried snacks ;p This gives you a smooth looking lips with natural glossy shine that makes your lips looks healthy instead of "shiny".

I have a dark lip color so a pale pink color like this one usually would not show on my lips, that's why I love to layer it with other lipstick or with a lip liner (sometimes I fill my lips with lip liner and then smudge it a bit to create a natural color).

 (the color straight from the tube)

The color on my lips:
(without anything)
(layered over a neutral color lip pencil)

This lip gloss would look great as a base or as a top layer of your lipstick. It will give your lips the perfect finishing touch without that yucky sticky feeling of a regular lip gloss. I simply love it.

This Color Play Pocket Lip Gloss from ITs SKIN is priced at IDR 45.000 on Korea Buys and there are a couple of other colors that you can choose from.


Here is my final look using all of the items that I got from Korea Buys:

So far, I have been very satisfied with all the products that I have tried above, and would recommend all of them to you. I'm saying this not because I have to, but because I did try them all out and really love them. You can say that this is the first time that I've tried any of these products and I was surprised on how good these Korean makeup is. 

I would also recommend Korea Buys as one of the online shop destination for Korean products. I love browsing their website because they have many variants and brands of Korean stuffs especially makeup and skincare stuffs. Another reason to shop at Korea Buys is also because they claim to offer cheaper prices for their korean products.


If you're curious about the Missha Defining Blusher, Missha Crystal Shine Lipstick, and the Missha Anti-Trouble Patch then stay tune for an upcoming 2nd part of this review ;)

Meanwhile, you can check out Korea Buys website for all the products I mentioned above and get them at cheap prices.


UPDATED: Read the 2nd part of the review here.

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts & comments

I really appreciate all your comments, thanks for commenting here and sharing some love !
I will return the favors by checking out and comment back on your blog ^o^

A Member Of :

And A Proud Member of :

Also Part Of :

Popular Posts

Labels

1 item 4 ways 7 Days of Sheet Masks Accessories Ahaishopping Althea Ampoules Antipodes Armando Caruso ASOS Avoskin B.Liv Bag of News Bags bath Bath & Body Works Bath and Body BB Cream Beauty Box Beauty Clinic Beauty Korea Beauty Sets / Kits Beauty Stuffs beauty tools Beauty Treats Box Benefit Cosmetics Bio Essence Bioderma Brands and Designers Burts Bees Carings CC Cream Celebs Style Charis Chicnova Chiyou Cicaronic Circle Lens Clarins Cleansing Oils Cleansing Pads Clinelle Closet Edit Clothing Clozette Corine de Farme Cosmetics Cow Brand D.I.Y D'Eyeko DD Cream Deciem Do Good While You Shop Dorothy Perkins Dove Dream List Dry Oil Empties Erha Esqa Cosmetics Estee Lauder Etsy Etude House Events Eye Treatments Eyebrows Eyeliners eyeshadows Face Mask Face Mist Face Of The Day Face Oil Face Scrub Face Serum Face Toner Face Wash Face-Off Review Fake Eyelashes Fashion Fashion How-To Fashion Looks Fashion/Shopping-related First Blush Box Fragrance Fragrance Diary Freeman French Brand From My Stash Furatasse Get Fit Giveaways Givenchy Glowsophy Gucci Guess H&M Hair care hair extension Hand Care Hand Creams Hauls and Freebies Highlighter/Bronzer Himalaya Herbals History on Beauty/Fashion Hot Deals and Offers IBB Ideas n Inspirations innisfree Instagram Instagrammable Places IPL Treatment Jakarta Fashion Week 10/11 Jakarta Fashion Week 11/12 Japanese brands Jewelry Jimmy Choo Jo Malone Juara k Kanebo KBJ Stars Konjac Sponge KoreaBuys Korean Brand Korres Laneige Lip Products lip scrub Lippies Lippies Of The Month Local Skincare Loccitane Lola Box Look Book Lush Made in Indonesia Make Up Brushes Make Up Forever Makeup Remover Mascara Maybelline Mini Showcase Miniso Missha Mizzu Cosmetics Moisturizer Monthly Favorites MUA My Beauty Regimes My Styles N'Pure nail polish Natural and Earth Friendly Night Cream Nihonmart Nip+Fab Nuxe NYX Oasap Oscar Blandi OST C20 Outfit Diary Outfit Poll Pamper Day Peptaronic Perfumes Personalized Pixy Cosmetics Product Replacements Products I Want To Finished Project : Decluttered reebonz Reviews Revlon Romand You ROXY Sally Hansen Sampar Sariayu Scarlett Whitening Scented Candles Shampoo SheInside Shoes Shu Uemura Skin Aqua Skin Food Skin79 Skincare SNP Prep Soap & Glory Sociolla Spa Review Style Book Sukin Sunscreen Tagged posts Talika Talika 30 Days Challenge The Body Shop The Face Shop Thrift Haul Tony Moly TTT's Achievements Valentine Series Vanity Trove Veet Victorias Secret Vitaronic Wardah Weekly Facial Mask Wet n Wild What I Wear Today What To Wear What's In My Shower What's Inside My Bag Where To Shop Yearly Highlights YSL