Weekly Face Mask : Lady Soma AntiOxidant Berry Masque

2:11:00 AM

As I promised you last month, I will review the Lady Soma Antioxidant Berry Masque which I received along with other Lady Soma products that I have reviewed earlier in this post. I love Lady Soma products, I think they're fantastic, and this mask is no exception.

For those who are new to my blog, at the start of this year I created a new blog series in which I will post my weekly mask routine here in this blog. I love using different kind of masks and I use facial masks one or two times a week, so every week I will share what mask I use that week and will write a little review about it too.

So to continue with this post, for this week's weekly facial mask I decided to review the Lady Soma AntiOxidant Berry Masque.

Lady Soma Anti-Oxidant Berry Masque
Bought at: 
  c/o Lady Soma 

(buy at http://ladysoma.com)
Price :  
$32.99 for 4oz / 120ml


What it says:
Free Radical Fighting AntiOxidant Complex with Blueberry, Cranberry, and Pomegranate.
Contains Vitamin A + Vitamin C + Vitamin E + Amino Acids.
Blueberries and Cranberries load the skin with antioxidant power and Vitamin C for fighting free radicals.

It also contains glycolic, and alpha lipoic acids that creates a microdermabrasion effect that eliminates dead skin cells to reveal a fresh new layer.
This Berry mask allows for a detox facial treatment for our face, using the antioxidant power of blueberries and cranberries which enhance cellular renewal and collagen production.
(the ingredients) - click to enlarge photo

My Take:
(Current skin > combination oily with new dark spots and large pores)
 
The first thing I noticed whenever I open this jar is the scent!  
I L.O.V.E it !
The sweet berry scent is such a pleasant aroma, sometimes I just love to open the jar just to smell it ;p
The scent is not like those artificial scent that you get with most fruity or floral scented products, but this one smells like the real deal. Maybe because it was made from real berries! The texture of the mask is like an oatmeal paste, it's rich, thick and gooey with little tiny granules in it which I think are from the berries extract. When applied to skin it feels so luxurious because of the rich texture and fabulous scent, I felt like I was spoiled with a special face treatment at a spa ;)


After applying it to the face, the instruction said to wait for 8 minutes before cleaning it with warm water rinse, and follow with serum or moisturizer afterward. Well unfortunately I don't know why but I felt a little stings and burns on certain areas of my face after the first few minutes of wearing it. Maybe I was allergic to something in the ingredients that I'm not aware of. 
Still curios, I tried using the mask again after two days, and it still burns on certain areas. And then I noticed that it burns only on the area in my face that currently has large open pores.
For the past few days I've been having "huge open pores" problem on my nose and forehead, they usually aren't that big, they usually normal but I don't know why or how it suddenly has large huge pores on those areas. And I couldn't figured out what causes that.

So anyway, maybe because those huge open pores were already affected with something so it gets really sensitive and probably what causes the stinging from the berry masque. Either that, or I'm allergic to something in the ingredients (which I doubt because I never had any allergic reactions to anything I put on my face before). So we'll see...


The after result: 
I did not have a "before and after" photo because my face was all red in the nose and forehead (due to the stinging sensation), but all I can say is the rest of my face are fine, they did not sting or gotten red after using the masque, the reaction was only on those affected area (nose and forehead). The result on the rest of my face were : the skin looks clean and smooth to the touch, it also gives out a healthy shine and suppleness.


Note:
I will use and try this mask again after my pores reduced to it's normal face condition because I just love the texture and the sweet berry scent of this mask so much!



Last week I use NuFace Whitening Anti-Aging Facial Mask, click here to read it.

You Might Also Like

3 thoughts & comments

  1. It sounds like it could work for some. I'm not sure about the stinging, since I have larger pores around my nose area. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimmie,

    Yeah I think it would work for others, I might just having a stinging problem because of my already affected pores. The smell is great though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kayaknya cukup menggoda yaa, mau googling aah, nice review!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all your comments, thanks for commenting here and sharing some love !
I will return the favors by checking out and comment back on your blog ^o^

A Member Of :

And A Proud Member of :

Also Part Of :

Popular Posts

Labels

1 item 4 ways 7 Days of Sheet Masks Accessories Ahaishopping Althea Ampoules Antipodes Armando Caruso ASOS Avoskin B.Liv Bag of News Bags bath Bath & Body Works Bath and Body BB Cream Beauty Box Beauty Clinic Beauty Korea Beauty Sets / Kits Beauty Stuffs beauty tools Beauty Treats Box Benefit Cosmetics Bio Essence Bioderma Brands and Designers Burts Bees Carings CC Cream Celebs Style Charis Chicnova Chiyou Cicaronic Circle Lens Clarins Cleansing Oils Cleansing Pads Clinelle Closet Edit Clothing Clozette Corine de Farme Cosmetics Cow Brand D.I.Y D'Eyeko DD Cream Deciem Do Good While You Shop Dorothy Perkins Dove Dream List Dry Oil Empties Erha Esqa Cosmetics Estee Lauder Etsy Etude House Events Eye Treatments Eyebrows Eyeliners eyeshadows Face Mask Face Mist Face Of The Day Face Oil Face Scrub Face Serum Face Toner Face Wash Face-Off Review Fake Eyelashes Fashion Fashion How-To Fashion Looks Fashion/Shopping-related First Blush Box Fragrance Fragrance Diary Freeman French Brand From My Stash Furatasse Get Fit Giveaways Givenchy Glowsophy Gucci Guess H&M Hair care hair extension Hand Care Hand Creams Hauls and Freebies Highlighter/Bronzer Himalaya Herbals History on Beauty/Fashion Hot Deals and Offers IBB Ideas n Inspirations innisfree Instagram Instagrammable Places IPL Treatment Jakarta Fashion Week 10/11 Jakarta Fashion Week 11/12 Japanese brands Jewelry Jimmy Choo Jo Malone Juara k Kanebo KBJ Stars Konjac Sponge KoreaBuys Korean Brand Korres Laneige Lip Products lip scrub Lippies Lippies Of The Month Local Skincare Loccitane Lola Box Look Book Lush Made in Indonesia Make Up Brushes Make Up Forever Makeup Remover Mascara Maybelline Mini Showcase Miniso Missha Mizzu Cosmetics Moisturizer Monthly Favorites MUA My Beauty Regimes My Styles N'Pure nail polish Natural and Earth Friendly Night Cream Nihonmart Nip+Fab Nuxe NYX Oasap Oscar Blandi OST C20 Outfit Diary Outfit Poll Pamper Day Peptaronic Perfumes Personalized Pixy Cosmetics Product Replacements Products I Want To Finished Project : Decluttered reebonz Reviews Revlon Romand You ROXY Sally Hansen Sampar Sariayu Scarlett Whitening Scented Candles Shampoo SheInside Shoes Shu Uemura Skin Aqua Skin Food Skin79 Skincare SNP Prep Soap & Glory Sociolla Spa Review Style Book Sukin Sunscreen Tagged posts Talika Talika 30 Days Challenge The Body Shop The Face Shop Thrift Haul Tony Moly TTT's Achievements Valentine Series Vanity Trove Veet Victorias Secret Vitaronic Wardah Weekly Facial Mask Wet n Wild What I Wear Today What To Wear What's In My Shower What's Inside My Bag Where To Shop Yearly Highlights YSL